Becoming a surrogate
Not only is becoming a surrogate mother an amazing opportunity and one of the most selfless gift one can give to another, it is also an honor and a serious responsibility. We expect our surrogate mothers to be mature adults with stable home lives. Applicants interested in becoming a surrogate, need their immediate household members to be supportive of the process (which can include your spouse/partner being willing to submit to any medical tests and/or signing of required legal forms when applicable).
Requirements for being a Surrogate
- Be a female of 21-43 years of age
- Have delivered one or more children that you are currently raising
- Be a U.S. citizen
- No more than 3 C-sections
- Willing to abstain from alcohol during pregnancy
- Be a non-smoker, living in a non-smoking home
- Be a non-drug user
- Have a healthy Body Mass Index (BMI) of 35 or less
- Own a vehicle, for transportation to and from appointments
- Not currently be receiving federal/state financial assistance
- Have no history of arrests or substance abuse
- Undergo medical examination (STDs, drug test, Hepatitis test, pelvic exam, etc.)
Becoming a surrogate mother requires an inordinate amount of time, energy, physical and emotional commitment. As with any pregnancy, there are risk factors to consider. It is important that you are aware of these risks and are willing to accept them as you would when carrying a child of your own.
We consult with every applicant interested in becoming a surrogate, answering any questions or concerns they have, and ensure that they are well informed of all possible scenarios before moving forward. Our surrogates and applicants interested in becoming a surrogate, are encouraged to ask questions and bring up any concerns they may have with any of our staff at any time. We are here for you not only in the very beginning of the process, but throughout your entire pregnancy. From the transfer to the delivery and long after, the staff at A Host of Possibilities are here to support and assist you.